So it happened...we were in an earthquake. Of course it would happen! Jared and I attract natural disasters :-(
It happened at 11:42 a.m. this Tuesday. It was a 5.4 located 2 miles southwest of Chino Hills, which is about 7 miles north of Fullerton, where we live!
Jared had just gotten home from working out. I was sitting at the computer and we were talking. It started as a low rumbling sound with a little vibration. Jared and I both thought a truck was driving by, or someone was ascending the steps to our apartment (we can feel people coming up the steps). But the vibrating turned into shaking and rolling. It is hard to describe what is felt like, but here goes...the ground felt like it was rolling under our feet while the apartment and everything around us was shaking back and forth.
I grabbed Elsie and ran to the door way in-between the hall and family room (apparently this is not the correct way to respond in an earthquake. You need to seek cover under something sturdy. I will remember that for next time.) Jared stood frozen in the family room watching the TV shake.
When it was over we felt 2 after shocks with a magnitude of 3-3.6. Apparently over 30 aftershocks were recorded.
No comments:
Post a Comment