I went home Friday night (September 12th) and was greeted by my parents at the airport. My mom and I enjoyed catching up on Monk and Psych episodes...I love those shows!
Saturday:
I started my visit by taking the Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages test (one reason I came into town). I will find out whether I passed the test in 4-6 weeks. Although, I know I didn't do well, I am anxious to get the results back. I think I am most anxious because if I didn't pass I am ready to enroll in a course that will help me.
Once the test was over my mom, sister, and I went shopping. I then had an enjoyable visit with my in-laws. It was good to see them!
The most enjoyable moment of the day came during dinner (another reason I came to town)...we ate at Sol Azteca! I have been craving good Midwest Mexican food since we moved to California! After a wonderful bean and cheese burrito I was joined by Erin A., Erin R., Megan, Becky, Casey, Amy, Paul, and Baker for some drinks at the Blue Moose. We spent the evening getting caught up! I miss you guys! I had a lot of fun reminiscing!
Sunday:
Once I resolved my car situation (I forgot I didn't have one to drive around freely) I met up with Karen and Meghan from work. We had lunch and spent time talking! I then went to my aunts house for a family gathering. We ate, talked, and got Grandma to hula-hoop!
Monday:
I spent Monday at Indian Valley visiting the teachers and students! Boy have those 5th graders gotten taller! I was able to each lunch with them and get caught up with them. Being at school really made me miss it! I miss you Karen and Meghan!
I had a great trip, but look forward to when I can come in town for a longer period of time, so I can visit with friends and family longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment