Sunday, March 15, 2009

Snow Shoeing!

Last weekend Jared and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went snow shoeing! We drove to Big Bear (approx. 1hr & 50min) where we rented snow shoes and an activity pass. We were told the best place to go and set out. Once we geared up, Jared and I went searching for the hiking trail. We were surrounded by the serene outdoors, tall trees, chirping birds, and a blue sky…it couldn’t have gotten any better! We hiked up many hills enjoying each other’s company. We also had a picnic on the rocks. I can’t wait to go back next year!

The drive up to the high elevations...so green!


Getting ready to begin our hike.


Jared hiking.



After our picnic.



View from the top!



Me!



Look at those cuties!







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you had fun up there at big bear. We also like to snow shoe it's pretty fun. -shonee

royce and aubree said...

i feel like i havn't seen you for a long time!! looks like you had a lot of fun with all your visitors and your cake turned out cute!! the snow shoeing looks fun too!!
-aubree

Unknown said...

wish we could have gone....it's absolutely beautiful!

Gretchen said...

Dearest Sarah-

Please forgive me for the amount of time this comment has taken! Yikes!

Thank you so very, very, VERY much for the beautiful bead and sweet words. I was touched beyond belief that you participated in my BlessingWay.

I so look forward to putting all these incredible shapes, sizes and colors together on the same strand. It symbolizes so much for me- and will be something I'll treasure for all time. I'm currently trying to come up with an album to put together that will have pictures of the beads along with the cards that came with them. If you have any ideas, please let me know (you are, after all becoming quite the gorgeous craft queen!).

Again, thank you. Truly a sister.

xoxo,

Courtney