Sunday, May 17, 2009

A lot going on!

A lot has gone on in the last 2 days! First, my poor baby (Elsie) hurt herself :-( She and I were playing frisbee on the drive in front of our apartment last night. She started limping and I saw blood trailing behind her. Both of the back paw pads had torn. About a thumb nail sized flap of her pad was hanging off both paws. As far as I can tell, it happened when she was chasing her frisbee and sliding on the pavement. She was a good sport and allowed Jared to cut the flaps off, wash, and bandage her wounds. She seems to be doing fine. They are still raw, but she walks normally.

I got a sewing machine! I found it on craigslist and got a really great deal! I now need to find someone to show me how to use it :-)
Another earthquake hit this evening. It was a 5.0 located near Long Beach (by LAX). It lasted a while and was a subtle rolling.....I hate them! I am not a fan of being caught off guard. This quake follows three every small ones we had 3-4 weeks ago (they hit really close to home, but weren't worth mentioning). A classmate of Jared's who lives below us came up to check on me (she knew Jared was studying at the library) because she knows earthquakes FREAK ME OUT! She was surprised at how many quakes have a occurred so close together....she is a SOCAL native and hasn't experienced this before.....this was/is not comforting!

1 comment:

Neal and Angie said...

Poor Elsie! Give her a hug from me! So glad you got the sewing machine...you'll LOVE it! I can try and help but I'm a beginner as well. Erin is the sewing queen and could definitely help figure it out!