Sunday, July 12, 2009

The 4th

My 4th of July started with a 10K run. With my cheering section (Jared and Elsie) I set out on the 6.2 mile run and finished with my best time! I ran an 8:52 mile completing the run in 54 minutes 54 seconds. I even came in 3rd in my age category (25-29 yrs.)!!! We then took our celebration pool side, where we were joined with friends and classmates of Jared. We spent the afternoon at the pool, cooking out, and having fun!
Happy Independence Day!




5 comments:

royce and aubree said...

good job sarah! are you ready for your half marathon... its coming up soon!!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great 4th! You are doing such a great job running. Your Chicago marathon is coming right up...are you excited?!

Jennifer said...

You're amazing. So proud of your running. I plan on living (or running...) vicariously through you, okay? At least until my leg doesn't feel like it's about to split in half. Love!

Unknown said...

Sarah you are awsome!! that is so cool you got third for your age.

Mark said...

Congrats on your greate race! Are you ready for that half yet? I signed up for the Waddell & Reed half last week!
And while I'm thinking of it, THANK YOU for the gift card. I'm so sorry we haven't sent out our thank-you yet! It's on the to-do list that we can't seem to touch. Enjoy that kidless time while you've got it :-)