Monday, August 15, 2011

Trying to get it all in

With the end of our Santa Fe rotation fast approaching we are trying to take advantage of all that Santa has to offer.  Due to all the fires in June and July many of the mountain areas have been closed, but recently they opened back up! So, we drive up to the Santa Fe ski basin and went on a family hike.  We only ended up doing a 2 mile hike due to the littlest hiker’s desire to walk and his little clumsy steps.  It was fun to see Santa Fe at a 10,000ft vantage point.

126

132205218

Playing in the creek

247

Sunset at our house that evening

277

Thanks to a groupon we also went horse back riding…Elliot included! Once we learned the ins and outs of our horse, how to guide them, and the saddle we were free to get on and off as we pleased.  We could alternate between dinner, s’mores, horse shoes, calf roping (fake), and horse back riding.  Elliot got his own horse and was accompanied by a guide who held on to him the whole time.  This was a fun change from our normal activities!

048023

Anxious to ride

027058

Haha. Family photo.  Isn’t Jared looking good Smile 

071087097103116146

Going to miss this view

158

5 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so cool that E got his own horse! And the picture of him riding is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. I know I say that a lot on here, but seriously... that is cuteness at it's finest!

Megan said...

So many pretty pictures! I love the ones of Elliot horseback riding - he looks like such a little man. Hard to believe your time in Sante Fe will be over be for long. Time sure flies.

Gretchen said...

Looks like fun! I especially like the family picture.... ;-)

Jenny Vernon said...

Ahhh, horsebackriding...I am SO jealous. Elliot looks great on the horse. Glad you are enjoying your last few days in Santa Fe.

Katie said...

Wow!!!! That is awesome that he got his own horse! I can't believe he stayed up there! Giles would have been trying to crawl all over that horse! :) Beautiful pictures.