Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baby update

I am 30 weeks along in this pregnancy and aside from suffering from a cold/sinus infection I have felt good.  This little boy is not the mover and shaker Elliot was.  He is living on my left side and tries with all his might to get a foot under my ribs (but I don’t allow it). Little man is head down, so when he isn’t kicking my ribs he is using his head to push on my bladder….oh the joy :) As with Elliot my platelet count is dropping, so I will continue to get blood work done to monitor my numbers…click here to read my post describing this when I was pregnant with Elliot. We are also experiencing a few different things this pregnancy.  I have developed a heart palpitation.  I have seen a cardiologist and he thinks it is PVC (Premature ventricular contractions are heartbeats that occur earlier than they should. These early beats briefly interrupt the heart's rhythm).  He says it is commonly brought on my stress, pregnancy, caffeine, etc.  I will have an echocardiogram in a month just to make sure, but the doctor predicts it will go away once little man is born.

Little man is also experiencing his own issue.  His kidneys are dilated (filled with fluids).  They are only mildly dilated, but need to continue to be monitored.  This could mean several things, but the dilation could just be there naturally. We won't know until he's born. I will have another ultrasound in 4 weeks just to keep monitoring it. The doc isn't really too concerned. Jared and I are also feeling ok with everything. There's a good chance it'll clear up on its own before birth. 

 

Week 27 ultrasound…cute little man                                             Week 29 Belly bump

27 weekswk 29

We went to the Angels game when they played the Royals.  Elliot is sporting his daddy’s old Royals shirt (Grandma sent it to him in the mail)!

game familygame

We have officially started potty training.  I read a book about a 3 day method.  The author’s philosophy was consistent to a book I read when Elliot was first born about needing only three days to teach a child something.  We are on day three….I am having my doubts.  I fully planned on it taking us 4 days because Elliot is stubborn and HATES to stop playing.  I’m not sure if Elliot is learning or if Jared and I are just learning to read his potty signs better, but he hasn’t had an accident today.  He has successfully stayed dry at naps and bedtime.  BUT he still won’t tell me when he has to go!  I have to tell him he looks like he has to potty and then hurry him into the bathroom (all the while Elliot is telling me no).  He then usually does a good job and pees (or poos) a decent amount.  Keep your fingers crossed he starts telling me!!! We have a trip coming up in a week and I need him potty trained.

 

Doesn’t his bottom look cute in undies :)

potty training

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling good about what the doctor says. I think about you a lot! Hope these last months fly by for you. Ummm, could that butt BE ANY CUTER? Good luck with potty training!! See you soon!
Love, Jenni

jas, court, and sol said...

I LOVE little boy bottoms in undies. One of the cutest things EVER.

I dig your upbeat attitude and will follow suit... no worrying from me! :-)

We're trying to get Sol off his nighttime pull-ups- he's been dry pretty dang consistently for a while now, so we're thinking next week. (but now that I've said it)

Good luck with everything... EVERYTHING! You look cute as a button and so does your kid.

xoxo, Court

Neal and Angie said...

cute cute bum bum E :) Is it official then? Is he potty trained?