Friday, September 11, 2009

Who Knew?!

Who knew I could sew? These are a few of my recent creations.

My first projects were given to my nephew Solomon. I made a rag blanket out of fleece with matching burp rags. These were fun to make!


With the help of my friend, Erin (a lot of one on one guidance), I created a purse! The inside is beautifully lined with a pocket!

In a small effort to go green I have started making cloth napkins. I have only created a few, but plan on expanding our collection :-) Using interfacing (I know...sewing lingo!) I made 2 place mats. With the scraps from the napkins I made coasters. On two of the coasters I tried my hand at applique!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Holy heck. You are one talented seamstress darling Fanta girl, one talented seamstress.

I was wondering if you could send me the pattern for the burp cloths? I don't think I have it in me to make the blanket, but I would love to make the burp cloths.

Also? I love the fabric for your bag and napkins. LOVE IT.

And also, also? Solomon loves you. As do Jason and me.

Anonymous said...

They look awesome!! Love it all, You need to show me what you did to make the napkins and the appliques, very cute