At 6:30 a.m. Tuesday June 22, 2010 Jared and I arrived at the hospital. I was admitted by 9 a.m. and was dilated to a 5 with mild contractions (I still wasn’t sure I was feeling them). They started me on pitocin to help strengthen my contractions and move the labor along. I also received my epidural at this time. So we wait….and wait….things seemed to stop moving. With the epidural and not feeling any pain, you would have thought this time would have been carefree and joyful…but no. I was sick. Whether the combination of meds, lack of food, or excitement/nerves my body was not happy. At 5 p.m. my doctor arrived and broke my water. That did the trick! I rapidly progressed. I was starting to experience some “pain”. Fearful, my epidural was wearing off I called for the nurse and was dilated to 8cm and was told baby boy’s head was extremely low! The nurse left to call the doctor. At about 8:50 p.m. I began to push! At 9:37 p.m. on June 22nd Elliot was born! He weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 19.5 inches long.
We were moved to our hospital room around midnight, where we began our first night as new parents. Jared took diaper duty while I feed Elliot every 2 hours. This continued through Thursday….I must say, Jared is a PRO at changing diapers! Thursday evening after the pediatrician did a final check of Elliot we left the hospital.
My mom arrived Wednesday morning and has been staying with us and helping out with everything! Not sure how I would have survived without her!
Thank you to EVERYONE who has, called, texted, come by, sent flowers, gifts, dinner, offered help, or even just thought about us! We feel extremely loved and appreciated everything you have done for us!
11 comments:
hooray! Congrats! He is an adorable little guy and I'm so excited everything went well!
YAY! YAY! YAY! What a precious little boy! Congrats to you both.
So cute! Welcome baby Elliot! I'm excited for you guys. You both already look like parenting pros!
Congrats! I'm so glad everything is going smoothly for you so far. Can't wait to meet him :)
He is so cute! Can't wait to meet him! Let the spoiling begin!!
beautiful sarah!! i still need to see him so just text cause i'm ready and waiting! hope everything is going good!
aubree
Congratulations!! He's so precious--can't wait to meet little Elliot!
So cute! I got a little peek tonight when Jared was walking outside with him, but I need to come by and hold him! :) Hope all is well, you look great!
Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Thank you ever so much for sharing!! And also? Please give Elliot a kiss from his Aunt Courtney....
He is beautiful!!! Congrats!!!
So cute!!! I love your pictures!! :)
Post a Comment