Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hot and Humid

Awe the 100 + feeling of a Kansas summer.  I enjoyed the feel of it, but unlike those who live there I get to leave it Smile  Elliot and I went home to KC last weekend to help throw a bridal shower for my cousin Jenni.  Elliot also got to spend time with both sets of grandparents, cousin Marissa, and great grandparents.

 

This little Miss has spunk! She is constantly moving… and I mean every body part is in motion… when she is on the move, stay out of her way! She wasn’t keen on the idea of sharing with Elliot, so his feelings were hurt a few times when given a little shove….watch out Marissa, he will push back one of these days! The kids played in the sprinkler and pool before a Friday night cookout with family. 

006013024050

Watch her in action:

042049050058

We went to Topeka to visit with my dad’s side of the family.

054

3 generations of men (well, two men, one little boy)

058

Jenni’s Shower was Honeymooned Themed.  They will be honeymooning in Mexico, so we had the shower at a Mexican restaurant and gave “necessary” travel gifts. After the shower we headed to my Aunt Laurie’s house for an evening in the pool.

066071075086090092066078146112093

Monday night…Spin Pizza…yum.

IMG_0226IMG_0234

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Thanks for the awesome shower! It was such a great visit, wish we could do it more!

Gretchen said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! For starters, can I just tell you how happy I am that Elliot loves pizza? So happy. Also? I love that picture of your mom with Elliot in the pool- she looks so pretty! Third- love the two little one's together. I also love the sass. LOVE IT.

Jenny Vernon said...

Spin pizza yum - did mom mention we ate there Saturday night? Good choice. It was great to see you for a couple minutes - and we had some great play time with Elliot.