Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Smile for mommy…pleassseeeee

No smiles, but a LOT of personality!  Man I love this kid!

Elliot edited-5531Elliot edited-5548Elliot edited-5551Elliot edited-5552

Not a whole lot happening around here.  We do a lot of playing, reading, and playing outside.  Elliot has gotten reacquainted with a lot of the kiddos around the complex, most of which are older, and he loves hanging out with them.  He will cry when it’s time to leave them.  Elliot is talking a lot.  His vocabulary grows daily.  It’s amazing to watch him learn a new word and then remember it and use it correctly the next day.  It’s still a little hard to understand him and his sentences usually only consist of two words, but if you listen carefully you get the meaning :) Elliot has recently started counting, but you can tell he doesn’t understand what it means to count something.  He can count to 9 skipping 7 and 8 and sometimes 3.  It’s cute, we will often hear him counting and after he has exhausted the numbers he knows he will repeat…6, 9, 6, 9 or 1, 2, 1, 2.  He is also really into shapes. Especially circles.  Show him a circle and he gets excited! When asked he can identify a star, heart, circle, and oval.  The alphabet is also another area of enjoyment for him.  He LOVES to read alphabet books, so we have been checking out many at the library.  He can say letter names, but doesn’t usually match the name to the correct letter.  As for colors, he has no interest….everything is “geen”. Elliot still loves Mickey Mouse.  We have been to Disneyland a few times since being back and each time we go he seems a little more excited.  He even got to meet Mickey!

 

As for Baby J s/he is doing well.  I am 13 weeks along and am finally starting to feel a little better.  This pregnancy has been the opposite of Elliot.  I am just praying I continue to feel better and gain more energy because the doctor kindly informed me today that some experience sickness through the whole pregnancy.  VOMIT.   I honestly couldn’t have made it through these last 7 weeks with out Jared.  I don’t know how single mom’s do it.  Jared has really stepped up and been not only super husband to a couch ridden wife (who doesn’t handle being sick very well, cries randomly, and won’t/can’t eat certain foods {mainly everything}), but he has played the role of chef, Daddy, mommy, dog owner, interior decorator, house cleaner, chauffer, doctor, you name it, he did!  Thank you babe!  I can’t thank you enough!

At my appointment today Baby J is measuring 7.63 cm with 148 bpm.  S/he is measuring 13 weeks 5 days (Elliot was always a little larger too).   We do plan on finding out the sex, but both men in my life are predicting girl.  When asked, Elliot has consistently says he wants a sister.  We have started discussing names, well ok, I have started coming up with names.  If it was solely my decision I would tell you we have the baby’s name picked out…. BUT I haven’t sold Jared on them quit yet (still a few months to work on him).  We do have the middle name picked out for boy or girl.  Maybe I’m a little ambitious this time around. I’m more comfortable and confident and feel I know what to expect…different pregnancy, different way of looking at things.  Who knows maybe I’ll even announce the baby’s name once we decide :)

13 weeks

3 comments:

jaredj said...

Wow Sarah great post! I appreciate the pictures and information you are sharing. I know it's a lot of work.

Jared

Unknown said...

Love your pictures!!!! The baby announcement is AWESOME!! such a clever idea! you look so great. Hope your feeling well!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute pictures! E is adorable! Super cute that he wants a sister. Good luck with the name!
~Jenni