Microsoft Wrod has capabilities past your basic word processing document and I recently found this out after viewing the "Microsoft Word Newsletter" video from Atomic Learning (http://movies.atomiclearning.com/k12/workshops ). I found this segment to be eye opening. I consider myself very knowledgeable of word and am often able to assist colleagues with questions they have concerning formatting and picture inserts. As I viewed the instructional videos I followed along implementing the suggestions in a blank word document. The lessons I learned out numbered the information they presented that I already knew. I especially enjoyed discovering how to format the page breaks. These always seem to cause me headaches. The learning series also reminded me to incorporate graphics in my newsletters. The graphics can be watermarks, clip art, pictures from files, or call out bubbles.
I email a weekly newsletter to all my parents each Friday. The newsletter I currently use I found on the internet. I have also been frustrated with my lack of control and being able to change the formatting.
I hope to take my newsletters to a new level and have students begin submitting stories. I plan on continuing to format the newsletter, but would like to see it more student driven. I will also post the newsletters weekly on the classroom blog (which I am still visualizing and hope will be up and running by the next school year).
No comments:
Post a Comment