Some of the other 1st year wives and I are taking a cake decorating class through Micheal's craft store. We got together Wednesday night, made icing and frosted our cakes. Our first batch of icing didn't turn out very well. When we talked to our teacher in class on Thursday, she said we used the wrong attachment on the Kitchen aid (oops). The second batch wasn't great either, but at least it looked normal. We took our supplies and frosted cakes to class on Thursday. There we learned to pipe stars, letters, and lines. We also began learning how to create a rose by starting with the base. We colored our icing and began creating our rainbow design. Due to a chatty instructor we didn't get started until the last 30 min. of class, so my cake boasts only a rainbow. It is lacking clouds and my message (I was going to add Jared's name). Here is my beautiful work... we are making cupcakes next week, so stay posted!
Shonnee

Angie and Aubree

My work station

My Cake!!!

2 comments:
Beautiful, gorgeous, wish I was there to take the class with you! Perhaps we should get together and start a store- "cakes and pajama pants R us"....
Love, Courtney
PS- Welcome to blog world... I think you'll love being public!
Sarah! I am impressed with your cake decoration skills! Does this mean when I come out for my bday I get a personalized cake?? I like white cake with sprinkles. :)
Post a Comment