I did it! I am officially endorsed in ESL (English to Speakers of other Languages)!!! On September 12th I flew home to KC. I took the Praxis endorsement test on Saturday. After taking the test I was not hopeful of passing. It was difficult and contained questions about topics I felt I had not studied. Just this week I received my scores and passed! This makes me more marketable in states/cities were there is a larger population of ELL (English Language Learners) students (ie: California).
1 comment:
Congrats on passing the test Sarah!
My understanding is that in most *any* state nowadays, they are requiring teachers to be HQ in ELL. Near impossible to get a job without it.
I hope you celebrated with a glass of wine. I know it feels good.
High five on you and I being arse-kicking HQ ELL teachers! Woo-hoo!
Love, Courtney
Post a Comment