

Cream Caramel
1C white karo syrup
2c white sugar
3c whipping cream
1/4 tsp. salt
*can add nuts
This recipe is for caramel candy: ***see apple caramel adaptions below recipe.
Mix syrup, salt, and sugar and 1 cup of cream. Stir constantly and cook until it boils. Turn to medium low and cook to medium hard ball stage (250 degrees...buy candy thermometer at walmart-$2)Add second cup of cream and cook to medium hard ball stage again (250). Add third cup of cream and cook to 232 degrees. Pour in pan *spray pan*. cool.
***For caramel apples: recipe is the same except temperatures.
1. 242 degrees
2. 242 degrees
3. 235 degrees.
ENJOY!!!
2 comments:
I know that caramel was my favorite! I couldn't get enough!
Thanks for being so willing to drive me to get my tires today. You're always so giving...I appreciate it! I tagged you on my blog! Check it out for the rules :)
Post a Comment