Since I have been home from our KC trip and ½ marathon run I have continued my training. I have been running with a group of girls who have been training for a ½ that takes place this upcoming weekend. I was originally going to run this race too, but didn’t get registered in time. This worked out because that weekend is going to be extremely busy….K-State Game! Due to missing out on this race and to the fact that I was in training mode I signed up for the Kansas City ½ Marathon! Thanks to my loving husband and my parents I get to fly home in October to run! I am so excited for this race….getting to run where I grew up and see all the fun sights of the city = the perfect run! With this round of training I have added in intervals and hills. This is a good thing because the KC course will be tough (much hillier than I’m used to). Can’t wait!
My new running toy!
6 comments:
I didnt know that you had signed up for the kansas city run already, that will be so much fun.
Shonee
Now you are going to look hard core sporting that thing around! you should wear it one morning so we can see it! Fun! (you can put all your energy shots in the pocket and the bottle is just the right amount of water you need to drink with one, if you are ever going to try it)
Who ever said Kansas was flat? Congrats girlfriend!
Oh hell, it's on now! $20 says you'll have a Garmin Forerunner on your Christmas list. I'm really looking forward to the race too. How about we make it a challenge...loser buys the winner a cup of the free Boulevard beer at the finish?
Good for you!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes....
Have I told you how proud I am of you? And so happy that it's a hobby that you love now. I'll take credit. :)
Also. Sweet hydration belt.
Also. Thanks for the orzo recipe. Looks so yummy. I wish pine nuts weren't ridiculously expensive.
ALSO. I probably won't see you at the race since I will be the last leg of the marathon relay, but maybe I'll see you at some other point while you're in town?
(Sorry this is so long...)
Post a Comment